||Aug 12, 2016
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Establish and maintain efficient working relationships with public and employees.
- Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Accept reservations or requests for take-out orders.
- Post charges against guests' or patients' accounts.
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items, Refill stock
- Prepare daily statistical summary sheets.
- Train new cashiers.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Active listening and learning.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of merchandise location.
- Trust worthy.
- Planning and organizing.
- Customer-service orientation.